Monday, July 12, 2010

GE Healthcare Morsel - Mobile App

Stumbled upon a "cool" healthly mobile application today.  It came up as an Ad link in my Google Email (gmail).  GE Healthcare has newly created a mobile app called Morsel.  Their tagline is "your daily step toward better health."  The purpose is to suggest small things that everyday people can easily do to improve their health.  For example, today's entry is "Try rice or almond milk instead of regular milk".  It gives the user the ability to say that they tried it, so you can see how many other people have done this; great motivator to try it when you know others are doing it.  It is still in it's infancy so not much functionality yet; the other cool feature is that you can suggest a "morsel".  In the recent past, I had mentioned to someone that I think it's hard to get healthy people to adopt to healthcare mobile technologies, but actually, I think I may be turning the corner on this.  I would use this app!

No comments: